Contract Administrator / Field Reviewer (Wilson Chang Architect Inc.)
May 1, 2012
Wilson Chang Architect Inc., a strategy partner of Formation Project Management Inc., is a young, energetic multi-disciplinary design team specializing in architecture and online collaboration. Our current projects include residential and commercial buildings as well as 3D visualization, digital fabrication and online collaboration with oversea partners.
We seek outstanding Architectural Technologist with extensive experience in field reviews and construction details to join our firm.
- Certificate/Degree/Diploma in Architecture / Architectural Technology
- Understanding of construction details
- working knowledge of the VBBL and the BCBC
- Solid working understanding of MS Office (especially Outlook)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (fluent in English).
- Experience with Autodesk Revit
- Familiar with Google Apps and Apple iOS and asset.
- Having thorough working knowledge of the VBBL and the BCBC in association with other related prescribed construction, fire and life-safety applicable standards;
- Organising and running pre-construction and site coordination meetings and issuing minutes;
- Resolving construction and coordination issues and problems on site in a timely manner;
- Ensuring work is being performed in compliance with the Contract documents;
- Interpreting drawings and specifications and providing decisions;
- Documenting construction progress and items/issues addressed in Field Review reports;
- Assisting in-house technicians with Code issues and viability of construction details;
- Reviewing Shop Drawings;
- Reviewing final Issued For Construction and Contract documents prior to issuance;
- Developing deficiency master list prior to Occupancy and working with project consultants in assigning holdback values;
- Assisting with responses to Requests For Information;
- Ensuring all communications are documented;
- Issuing Site Instructions, Contemplated Change Orders, Change Orders and Change Directives;
- Assembling Schedules prior to final Occupancy call and walk-through with the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
Please submit your interest via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org .