May 22, 2012
Frits de Vries Architect Ltd. is a small firm with a mix of project types, primarily single-family residential, and also including multi-family residential, retail and hospitality projects.
We are looking for an Architect or Graduate with between 5 and 10 years office experience for a full time position.
The successful candidate will be capable of leading projects, but also of working in a collaborative environment. He / she will be working on multiple projects. Our current projects are primarily custom single family residential, so an interest in this sector is appreciated.
The following skills are required:
- minimum 5 years of architectural office experience, including building permit drawings;
- Experience with zoning bylaws and the BC Building Code and / or the Vancouver Building Bylaw;
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
The following skills are an asset:
- Vectorworks experience;
- Interest in sustainability
- Sketchup experience
- Preference will be given to those with local experience or experience in similar climates.
Please apply by email only with a brief cover letter, resume and portfolio. Please submit material in pdf format to Patrick Warren: