Acton Ostry Architects Inc.
April 13, 2017
Intermediate to Senior Level Accountant
Acton Ostry Architects Inc.
We are seeking an Intermediate to Senior Level Accountant to join our growing creative team oriented architectural studio. The successful candidate will be responsible for the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives, be a key member of our administrative team, and will be exposed to a variety of financial responsibilities in the operation of a 35-person architectural office.
Acton Ostry Architects is a leading Canadian design practice recognized for the creation of eloquent and innovative community, public institutional, multi-family residential and mixed-use buildings. Since our inception in 1992, we have continually demonstrated our commitment to the making of architecture that responds sensitively to social, historical and environmental concerns. Our design approach incorporates new technologies and materials that contribute to the realization of buildings rooted in a considered, modernist idiom.
- provide full cycle accounting services, banking, invoicing, accounts receivable and payable
- prepare annual budgets and quarterly revisions
- work closely with the Principals to assemble project contracts and service agreements
- monitor in-progress contracts for compliance with financial obligations, undertake project cost control and reporting
- administer staff timesheet control, payroll, insurance (general and professional), lease agreements, etc.
- HR support involving benefits program and office policies
- evaluate current accounting systems, offer recommendations and implement new process for improvement
- liaise with external accountants, auditors and consultants for group-related financial matters including funds appropriation, tax planning, regulatory filing and compliance
- keeps current on regulatory requirements
- assist with special projects as assigned
- 3+ years experience within an architecture, engineering or professional services firm preferred
- education and designation with an accredited association, CPA is preferable but not essential
- experience with corporate ownership restructuring and implementation of succession plan
- self-motivated, able to work collaboratively on a team and flexibly in meeting deadlines and shifting priorities
- high attention to detail, accuracy, and strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills
- excellent computer skills with proficiency on a Mac-based platform and Microsoft Office, knowledgeable in accounting software MYOB, and adaptive to new software programs
- excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- high level of confidentiality and discretion
Salary is commensurate with experience.
All inquiries will be kept confidential. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls or hardcopies.