About AIBC Classifieds
Welcome to the AIBC Classifieds!
This career and classifieds listings service is provided by the AIBC to its registrants. The AIBC Classifieds accepts online postings for career opportunities, those seeking employment, architectural competitions, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Expressions of Interest (EOIs), as well as other listings that may be of particular interest to the architectural community.
How to Submit a Posting
Postings should be submitted in plain text format as part of the email body or can be attached as an editable MS Word document.
Listings are posted for one month unless the Classifieds team receives a written request to continue or discontinue the posting.
This is a free service to AIBC architects, firms and other registrants.
The service is also available to non-registrants at a rate of $100 per advertised position. This payment can be made by PayPal account or credit card through the Classifieds Payment Page.
Please note that payment must be received prior to an ad being published.
Once payment has been received, your advertisement will be posted within two business days by our Classifieds team.
Guidelines for Postings
- Postings must not exceed 500 words. Ensure heading descriptions are consistent with body text.
- In order to ensure compliance with the Architect’s Act, all job postings for protected titles, including Architect, Architectural Technologist, and Intern Architect must contain the following requirement in the job posting:
“Must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.”
- Do not use position titles that are confusing or misleading. Given the AIBC’s role as a regulator of the architectural profession, including professional classifications, titles and standards of conduct, the institute is not able to publicize submissions that are contradictory to existing standards and requirements. For example, advertisements for the following “unofficial” job titles are not permissible:
- Architectural Designer;
- Architectural Technician;
- Architectural CAD Draftsperson
Conversely, only those individuals registered with the AIBC as an “Architect”, “Intern Architect”, “Architectural Technologist” or other recognized title permitted under the Architects Act may refer to themselves as such, including when advertising for a position.
For further information and examples, refer to AIBC Bulletin 32: Right to Title – The Legal Use of Architect and Derivative Title or contact the institute prior to submitting your advertisement.
Requests for Proposal and Expressions of Interest
All RFPs and EOIs submitted to the AIBC will be reviewed and approved by the Professional Practice Advisor prior to publication. Please submit your complete package, in PDF format, to email@example.com. All RFP and EOI submissions will be reviewed on a “first come, first served” basis. There is no deadline for submission or fixed publication date.
By submitting a posting to AIBC Classifieds, all advertisers confirm that their posting is accurate and in compliance with the Architects Act, AIBC Bylaws and Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, including satisfying the requirements pertaining to accurate representation of professional qualifications, status, title and project credit. The AIBC disclaims any responsibility as to the accuracy of published postings and reserves the right to remove/revise any posting, at its sole discretion, without prior notification and without compensation to the advertiser.